Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #19

For my web 2.0 tool I chose www.Pandora.com which is an awesome internet radio service. I have been using it on my iphone for about a year and I also use it online. The thing that is so special about this tool is that you can type in an artist or song and it will create a playlist of songs within the same genre that also have a similar tempo. It works just like itunes genius function. I have a hard time seeing how this might be useful in a middle school Library but it would be extremely useful for a music student in a college. Students could find music with the same tempo and find related artists of certain eras. I however play music through itunes and pandora throughout the school day to calm my students so it is useful in that respect for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment